+ Reply to Thread

Trying to recover data from disk with no format

This is a discussion on Trying to recover data from disk with no format within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; This morning I unplugged the usb connector of my 2tb Seagate External HDD from my netbook... I always do that... ...

xarthurk is offline Junior Member

Default Trying to recover data from disk with no format

This morning I unplugged the usb connector of my 2tb Seagate External HDD from my netbook... I always do that... but i didn't know that it could corrupt my EHHD.

It had an NTFS format, now I doesn't have any format, my PC still recognizes it when I plug it, but It freezes up if I try to enter into the disk to see the files, sometimes it shows a message that says the my disk does not have a format and it needs to be formatted. I haven't done that.

I'm currently using the "Recover my drive" option... what I would like to know if this is going to work... Recover my files have the hability to recover my disk's format?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi

Firstly, Recover My Files is a data recovery tool, not a drive repair tool. This means that it will allow you to find the files on your drive and then save them to another drive. It will not repair your drive.

There are some "drive repair" tools around, but be careful if you decide to try them because they will make changes to your disk. If they screw it up, then it could make subsequent data recovery much more difficult, if not impossible.

In you situation you need to use Recover My Files to run a "Recover Drive" search on the hard disk (not the drive letter) in automatic mode.

If you watch the video here, you will see an example of how to do it: Recover My Files v4 - Drive Recovery - YouTube

Good luck, you should get all your files back.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread