+ Reply to Thread

Laptop drive does not read in external usb reader

This is a discussion on Laptop drive does not read in external usb reader within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I had a laptop that froze up and I tried to reboot it but it would not do anything. I ...

sailor2uall is offline Junior Member

Default Laptop drive does not read in external usb reader

I had a laptop that froze up and I tried to reboot it but it would not do anything. I kept the button depressed until it did a hard power off. when I tried to reboot it nothing came up. the power light and battery charge light come on but the hdd activity light doesn't move.
    I purchased an external usb reader and plugged my sata drive into it. it shows up on the list in my computer but it won't read. It sees the old C: drive and my X: drive partition and the X: drive is accesible. But the C: drive side is not. I am using the program recover my files and it is getting nothing when trying to read the drive.
    I think this is from Windows not being shut down properly and the file structure being corrupt now. How can I recover this stuff?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

First try running a Recover Drive search on the drive letter. But if this does not work, then run the search on the Hard Disk. If you continue to have problems, use the live support link above to contact support and we can share your screen and take a look at what is going on.

Thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread