+ Reply to Thread

Corrupted MS Office files

This is a discussion on Corrupted MS Office files within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi, Yesterday, I noticed that all the files in one particular folder on my USB flash drive are corrupted. The ...

olympus is offline Junior Member

Default Corrupted MS Office files

Hi,

Yesterday, I noticed that all the files in one particular folder on my USB flash drive are corrupted. The USB drive has many other folders, but files in those folders seem to be fine.

Most files in the corrupted folder are MS office files (Word, Excel, and PPT) and some PDF documents. In this post I would like to ask question about MS Word file first. I tried to use Repair MyWord software to recover the word files, but it says that the files are encrypted and hence unable to be read. I have no idea how my files have become encrypted. I never set any password or created any other protections for all my files.

Could you advise what I could do to recover my files?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

If you send some to support@getdata.com we can take a look and see what the problem is.

You can also change the extension from .doc to .txt and open the files with notepad to see if they contain any readable content that you can then copy and paste into a new file.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread