+ Reply to Thread

A few questions

This is a discussion on A few questions within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Ok I have been running this software for 2 1/2 days now to recover a drive. My computer has been ...

Jaiz is offline Junior Member

Default A few questions

Ok I have been running this software for 2 1/2 days now to recover a drive. My computer has been shutting down alot, but for some reason it has stayed on this whole time during the scan. I was wondering if I could stop the search and save the current search in case my comp shuts down at some point, and if I could resume the search where it left off after saving it. I have a bad feeling it would start over. Also, I'm confused cause I read a testimonial on here that this program kept all the file names intact which is why I am using this. Then I read somewhere on here when you save the files that are recovered the file and folder structure would look exactly the same as the search results. So I'm confused as to whether or not this program will in fact keep all my folder and files names from my corrupted drive intact. Also, I used the option to manually pick what files the software would find and I selected every filetype cause I didn't want it to miss anything. I know there's certain files types I wouldn't need to recover. I was wondering which file types I can uncheck and delete that would have nothing that I would want to speed up the process of this cause it's taking a long long time.
    Last edited by Jaiz; 01-18-2012 at 04:43 PM.

hoping someone can help me out with a reply soon

Well my computer shut down after a few days of trying to save my files. I was dumb enough to not save the search results so I guess I'd have to start from scratch. No one got back to me so I have no clue what to do, and if I can recover the search results at all

kate is offline Administrator

To save your search, please click on the Recover menu and select "Save Search". This will save the search as a .rsv file.

To reload the search results at a later time, click on the Recover menu and select "Load Search". Please ensure that the drive being recovered from is connected to the computer before loading the search results.

Please follow these instructions and/or watch the video to learn how to recover your drive:

Step by step guide and video to recovering data from a problem drive

The more file types you select, the slower the search will run. So by selecting all file types the search will run extremely slowly. The selected file types are only used as reference types when scanning the drive, all file types will still be found regardless of which file types you select.

For the search to run at optimum speed, leave only the default selected file types.
    http://www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread