+ Reply to Thread

No Files Found

This is a discussion on No Files Found within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I have a seagate 1.5 tb hard drive that crashed and and was accidentally reformatted when an operating system was ...

marvel89 is offline Junior Member

Default No Files Found

I have a seagate 1.5 tb hard drive that crashed and and was accidentally reformatted when an operating system was being reinstalled. i've run a complete hard drive recovery twice now, using the common files search that yeilded 0 files found. there should be almost 750 gb maybe more worth of files on this hard drive. i had another hard drive, a 150 gb seagate, that was was accidentally reformatted in the same way, and that one recovered just fine.also if a run a files type specific search, it finds text files, but they seem to be for the operating system and not ones i created and saved. in desperate need of some help.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

I can tell from your expanation that you are using an old version of Recover My Files. Please download the latest from Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files or http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe

Make sure Recover My Files can read the disk correctly. Does it show up as a physial drive in Windows Disk Managment?

Follow the isntructions in this video to recover your files: Recover My Files v4 - Drive Recovery - YouTube
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

marvel89 is offline Junior Member

Default no files

that's the version of recover my files i'm using, it's the latest one. and yes the drive does show up in disk management, it says it's healthy. i also followed those instructions in the link u posted and tried a search where it scanned the whole drive and not just common places, still nothing.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Best thing to do is to click ont the blue live suppot buttton above to start a chat. I can share your screen and take a look and see if it is still possible to recover your files.

Thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Recover My Files will only run on a Windows PC - however, you can recover a MAC HFS file system if you connect the MAC drive to the windows machine to run the scan.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread