+ Reply to Thread

no readable data

This is a discussion on no readable data within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; No readable data comes up when i try to recover the drive with software. I suppose that this means that ...

GB dave is offline Junior Member

Default no readable data

No readable data comes up when i try to recover the drive with software.
    I suppose that this means that I am pretty stuck now?

Windows 7 can see the drive as a usb (caddie) in disk management but as 'unknown and not initialized'.

Any ideas?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

"Unknown" and "not initialized" in Windows Disk Management is not a good sign. I basically says that you PC cannot communicate with your drive even at a basic level.

You can check the basic connection issues, e.g. re-seat the connecting cables etc.

You can also try a different connection method, such as a direct connection to your PC rather than a USB - this will rule out the interface to the drive being the problem (e.g. a faulty USB case).

Can you hear the drive spinning? Does it seem to have power?

If you hear any strange noises, you should shut if off straight away as this is a sign of a physical issue and running the drive could make it worse.

If you can't get it recognized in Windows Disk Management, the it is likely that it is a hardware issue. In this case a hardware data recovery service is your only option.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread