+ Reply to Thread

Under Recovered NTFS Partition I am seeing multiple instances of docs

This is a discussion on Under Recovered NTFS Partition I am seeing multiple instances of docs within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Under Recovered NTFS Partition I am seeing multiple instances of documents all of which are corrupt when they are recovered. ...

Ben
    Ben is offline Junior Member

Default Under Recovered NTFS Partition I am seeing multiple instances of docs

Under Recovered NTFS Partition I am seeing multiple instances of documents all of which are corrupt when they are recovered.

I have been able to recover some of the files I'm after, but for the majority they are corrupt.
    Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Ben

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

If you are seeing multiple instances of a file name and all files are corrupt, it is a good sign that the file system records have really been messed up.

The only alternative is to run a "Recover Files" search for "deleted and lost files". In the lost files folder you will find files classified by their type. They have been found using their header and footer (the files system records have not been used for recovery) so they should be valid.

They will not have their original names, but there are free programs around that can help you automatically rename them - for example, AMOK Exif sorter for renaming digital camera photos.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Ben
    Ben is offline Junior Member

This is a staff members main folder of their work that has gone missing and it has many different file types in it this seams like an extremely long and labor intensive approach to the problem, is there a quicker way that could run a file system record repair?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Ben

I think the best way for me to help you would be to share your screen and take a look at the problem. Please send an email to support@getdata.com with reference to this post and we can arrange a convenient time.

Thanks
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread