+ Reply to Thread

RAW Data Recovery

This is a discussion on RAW Data Recovery within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Yesterday I reconnect my external HDD it required me to reformat it before able accessing it. So I went to ...

Kinaru is offline Junior Member

Default RAW Data Recovery

Yesterday I reconnect my external HDD it required me to reformat it before able accessing it. So I went to device management and saw the drive became RAW.
    So I came across this video on youtube about this program and I'm trying to recover the RAW data from 1TB drive. I did a full scan, approximately how long will it take for the searching for lost partition? cause from the youtube video it only took 6 mins? but it's been 10 hrs and only searched about 6,000 out of 121,000...is this normal? Like prior to that I also did a custom scan for particular file like just Jpeg files, the speed seem similar.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

The first thing you should check is that the power settings are ok. Sometimes when a drive goes RAW, Windows has a tendency to think that the drive no longer requires power and puts it into sleep mode.

To change the power settings, go into Windows Control panel and set the advanced power setting and update it to make sure that the sleep, suspend and hibernate settings are all disabled. There is a short video on this page: Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files that shows you how to do it.

Let me know if this makes a difference in the speed of the "Recover Drive" search in the search for lost partitions. The only other thing that would slow this down is if the drive had bad sectors.

If you are still having problems, you can turn this part of the search off, by click on the OPTIONS button > ADVANCED tab, and putting a tick in the box for "search for lost files only". Now when you run the search it will go straight into the "scanning blocks" phase of the search. Then you can watch the "filesystem records" number and when it gets high and stable, stop the search and then you should get the file and folder structure back in the search results screen (as per the video you watched).

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Kinaru is offline Junior Member

I tried change the power setting turned off all hibernation etc.

I checked the option to just scan the lost files instead.

And I check custom to scan for jpeg files only.

However, the scan changed from searching for 100k lost partition to searching for almost 2 billion lost files....so the rate seem just the same...and after 8hrs of search this time it frozen and not responding at 15,416,960 of 1,953,517,568...is it normal? or i just have to wait til it done naturally?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

It is difficult to say. If you click on the blue live support icon at the top of this page I can share your screen and see if we can find a solution.

Thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread