+ Reply to Thread

very long running recovery

This is a discussion on very long running recovery within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; very long running recovery Have 640gb drive that has been recovering for @48 hrs. The initial scan ran 24 hrs ...

eliteusa is offline Junior Member

Default very long running recovery

very long running recovery

Have 640gb drive that has been recovering for @48 hrs. The initial scan ran 24 hrs and currently running block scan (603904 or 30,038,481) after 36 hours
    Sitting at files found 10100 and 0 filesystem records. Is this normal? Seems that the recover is taking very long and was trying to find out if this can be sped up or is just
    something will have to wait through. The recovery machine is an I5 2nd gen with 8gb mem running W7 laptop.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

No, it is not normal for it to run this long. I suspect that the problem drive may have powered down or gone into sleep mode.

It would be best to stop and start a new search.

Take a look a the short videos on this page. Check the "best power settings" video to make sure you have the best settings so that you drive does not power down.

Hard Drive Data Recovery: Data Recovery Videos
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

jose06 is offline Junior Member

Default 2TB drive

I have a similar question about a 2tb drive its been 23 hrs so far. No files have been found. It appears that there is 3,907,029,168 blocks

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

If no files have been found, then I do not think it is working. You should start finding lost files within the first 20 minutes of the search.

It is most likely that you drive is no longer recognized as connected to your pc, or it has managed to poer down and go into sleep mode.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread