+ Reply to Thread

Unable to 'Save Files' at all

This is a discussion on Unable to 'Save Files' at all within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi, My flatmate reset my computer back to factory settings because we had a black screen with just a white ...

Myze is offline Junior Member

Default Unable to 'Save Files' at all

Hi,

My flatmate reset my computer back to factory settings because we had a black screen with just a white arrow on startup and we couldn't get anything else done to fix it. (We are using Windows Vista)

I've got RMFv4.9.6 but for the fifth time of running a new search, I get to the end where it says 'Search Completed' but when I had gone through and ticked all the files we wanted to recover, we click 'Save Files' but each and everytime the whole program just closes down.

Why is it doing that?

Can somebody help me please because there are precious photo's of my 2 year old daughter that were only stored on here and I'm worried I won't be able to get them back.

Thanks,
    Myze

atreadwell is offline Junior Member

Default since upgrading the same

I have the same result as above

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Every so often the spammers get into the forum and stuff up the auto notification messages.

Can you please update to the latest version at http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe

Please also take a look at this page: Hard Drive Data Recovery: Data Recovery Videos, particularly the short video called "RMFv4 - Drive Recovery" and the one about power settings.

We think the problem may have been that after a long search the drive powers down and the save button was causing the program to close.

It should be fixed now, but it is always good to set the best power settings, and if you follow the instructions in the Recover Drive video, you can usually stop the search in under an hour and get all your files back.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

It should not be doing that (obviously).

We think it may relate to a drive power issue. We have released a new version today, v4.9.6.1535 which has some additional code in it to force the drive awake. Please download it here: http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe

If you are doing a drive recovery, you most likely don't need to let the search run for the entire drive to find all your files. If you go to this page: Hard Drive Data Recovery: Data Recovery Videos, watch the "Drive Recovery" video and you will see a technique where you stop the search after the filesystem records number has gone up and then remains stable. This will shorten the length of your search considerably.

When you get to the end (or stop it early), use the "Recover > Save Search" function to save the search results as a .rsv file. You can use this to reload the search results at a later time if needed.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread