+ Reply to Thread

jpegs i dont recognize

This is a discussion on jpegs i dont recognize within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; just did the recovery and see thousands of "lost files" that are pics and sorts that i know i have ...

boofracinginc is offline Junior Member

Default jpegs i dont recognize

just did the recovery and see thousands of "lost files" that are pics and sorts that i know i have never seen or saved to the computer. i can tell some are facebook profile pics but most are of the same sorts but of people i have never seen? whats with recovering files that arent "mine"

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

What you are seeing are the remnants of the internet cache. Every time you (or a user on this computer) visits an internet page, the pictures on that page a downloaded and put into the temporary internet cache (it is designed to make browsing faster, so the pictures can be read of the hard drive and dont have to be downloaded each time).

Windows is constantly deleting the oldest of the cached pictures, so they end up on your drive as deleted files for you to recover with Recover My Files.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread