+ Reply to Thread

Hard Drive data recovery help

This is a discussion on Hard Drive data recovery help within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I have a Western Digital External 1.5TB hard drive. The USB plug in part broke on the enclosure so I ...

clueless is offline Junior Member

Default Hard Drive data recovery help

I have a Western Digital External 1.5TB hard drive. The USB plug in part broke on the enclosure so I took the hard drive out and put it in another. Only the computer wouldn't see it. It'd ping but that's it. I've since found out how to go in and find it but the computer says it want's to initialize it. I don't want to do that if I'm going to lose everything. Reading threads here that seems to be what'll happen if I do that. One thread said to go here Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files and run the program but it doesn't seem to recover all the file types I had. Do I have to run multiple recovery programs?

I'm also not sure if I need to get another hard drive for that to work or not. I really don't know what to do. I've even thought about buying another hard drive of the same kind and swaping the Hard Drives in the hopes that would work. But I don't want to do that if I'm still going to have to spend money on programs or profesionals. So what do I do?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

You should download Recover My Files from "www.recovermyfiles.com".

Before you run the software, check the drive power settings on your pc to make sure the secondary drive does not go into sleep mode. Change to advanced power and edit the settings so that the suspend and sleep options are not on (or do not turn on during the search).
    • Run the program and select a "Recover Drive" search.
    • In the drive selection window, select the hard disk, and click next.
    • Select to search in "automated mode".
    • Start the search.
    This search should find your full file and folder structure (with all files) and display it at the end of the search. Click on the files in the search results screen to make sure they preview.

If you wish to save the files to another drive, you will need to purchase a key.

Good luck.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread