+ Reply to Thread

512bytes files

This is a discussion on 512bytes files within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hello I'm using RMF v4.9.4 to recover my 500GB WD external hard-drive that had a missing drive letter. A friend ...

Zee530 is offline Junior Member

Default 512bytes files

Hello
    I'm using RMF v4.9.4 to recover my 500GB WD external hard-drive that had a missing drive letter.

A friend of mine told me not to format but to try recovering the files first but after running and doing a 12 hour search in safe mode it found all my files in their correct location and correct sizes. Attempts to recover the files yielded files recovered to be all 512 bytes in size. I formatted the drive, saved the search, exited safe mode and started my computer normally, loaded the search and was able to recover the files but however although they came back with their correct file sizes this time, almost all were corrupted.

I read threads and posts how to recover files to their original name and Recovered files can not be opened and wanted to ask if there is anyway to solve this corruption problem, i have started a brand new search and will post my results as i await your answers.

EDIT: I started an entire new search and all seems to be going well but unfotunately over 5000 of my files returned with a path too long error, anyway to solve this issue pls
    Last edited by Zee530; 07-01-2012 at 04:09 AM.

kate is offline Administrator

Hello

Please email support@getdata.com with your query & our support team will be in touch.
    http://www.recovermyfiles.com

angeline is offline Junior Member

Smile

You'll better use "Recover My Files". It is quick and easy to use upon recovering your lost, deleted and formatted files.

+ Reply to Thread