+ Reply to Thread

Getting back Microsoft Outlook information after format

This is a discussion on Getting back Microsoft Outlook information after format within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I'm trying to retrieve back information (i.e; emails, contacts, ...etc) of Microsoft Outlook 2007 after the hard disk (C drive) ...

Med-SWEng is offline Junior Member

Default Getting back Microsoft Outlook information after format

I'm trying to retrieve back information (i.e; emails, contacts, ...etc) of Microsoft Outlook 2007 after the hard disk (C drive) has been formatted? How can I do that?

Thanks.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Firstly, avoid writing any new data to the formatted drive. New data will overwrite and destroy missing files. If possible, plug the formatted drive in as a secondary disk (e.g. via usb) and then you try and recover your files with less risk that you or Windows will write new data the drive.

Download RecoverMyFiles from Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files. Run a "Recover Drive" search on the hard disk for selected files. Choose the common file types and also add the .PST file type (a PST file is where your Outlook data is stored).

There is a short video on this page which shows you how to run an "Recover Drive" search: Hard Drive Data Recovery: Data Recovery Videos

At the end of your search look the for the PST file in the search results. If you are confident that it has been found, you need to purchase a key to save the file to another drive. You can then open the file with Microsoft Outlook (or a program such as Recover My Email from PST repair without scanpst. Repair PST files easily.) and locate your messages and contact etc.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

At the end of the search, e
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread