+ Reply to Thread

Files cannot be opened after saving them !

This is a discussion on Files cannot be opened after saving them ! within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hello, i will try to describe my problem. So, i did a recovery on a external USB hard drive, the ...

macho is offline Junior Member

Default Files cannot be opened after saving them !

Hello, i will try to describe my problem.
    So, i did a recovery on a external USB hard drive, the program did found everything i had on it,on the preview tab i can see all pictures, watch ****** and listen to the mp3 files.When i save them thou, none of these files can be opened.... did recovery 3 times and its still the same ... also i did check my options in the power managements and its ok, the usb drive didnt go asleep.So please if you could help me, thanks !

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

The USB may have dropped power and the search results and the drive are longer in synced.

Use the "Save Session" button (RMFv5) to save the list of search results to a .rsv file.

Then make sure the problem USB is connected and the drive is recognized in Windows disk management.

Close and reopen RMF and use the Load Session button to load the .rsv file.

You should now be able to save and open your files.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Hello and thanks for the reply...
    i did try that but when i reload my session,i get some "binary" error and i can't save files.Plus i'm pretty sure the usb drive was working and was recognized in disc management, do you have any other hints since it's pretty strange, i can read all my files in the preview/search tab in the program... thanks

little update... i did try a new quick search and stopped it on my first jpeg file that it found.i saved it and it now opened .I'll do a full recovery now, hope it works, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread