+ Reply to Thread

Several folders of over 500 JPG Images not working.

This is a discussion on Several folders of over 500 JPG Images not working. within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; The filename of the images and folders are present, however the .JPG images doesn't work at all. There is no ...

nooba is offline Junior Member

Default Several folders of over 500 JPG Images not working.

The filename of the images and folders are present, however the .JPG images doesn't work at all. There is no preview either.

Also, I wonder if GETDATA is helps recover your images 100% ?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Switch to HEX or TEXT view. What do you see in the file? Does it contain data? or is it all zeros?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

nooba is offline Junior Member

When I switched to HEX view, and its all binary 0's with letters.

What does this mean?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

It means that the USB drive from which you are recovering has disconnected (or gone into sleep mode).

The reason that you can still preview the search results is that they are in RAM and not being read from the disk.

1. The first thing you need to do is to save the search results. To do this in RMFv5, use the Save Session button in the toolbar, and save the search results to an RSV file.

2. Now close Recover My Files;

3. Now disconnect, then reconnect the USB. You should see the light go on and hear the drive power up.

4. Restart Recover My Files and use the Load Session button to load the results from the .rsv file. You should be able to click on a JPG in the search results screen and see the preview.

5. Now save some sample JPG files and make sure they can be read once they are saved on disk.

It may also help if you boost the power settings on your pc whilst you are in the recover process. If you go to the video page at www.recovermyfiles.com you will see a short video on how to set the best power options.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread