+ Reply to Thread

Full Format Recover

This is a discussion on Full Format Recover within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; hi, Recently accidentally initialised a second hard drive that contained about 30 gigs of MP3s. Performed a 'Complete Format Recover' ...

TwoSheds777 is offline Junior Member

Default Full Format Recover

hi,

Recently accidentally initialised a second hard drive that contained about 30 gigs of MP3s. Performed a 'Complete Format Recover' and all my old files appeared with their original names. Kewl!

My question is, can I restore all this info to the original drive or must I save all files to another drive? It seems that it is possible to rebuild the MFT on the original drive since your software identified and found all the original content.

Or am I missing something?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery Tool

Recover My Files is a data recover tool, not a drive repair tool. It is designed so that it will not change the contents of the drive being searched in any way.

You must save the files to another drive. Once you have saved all your data, then you can copy them back to the drive.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Fair enough.

Is this not a feature that you could incorporate, though? Or at least facilitate?

In my particular case, everything that appears to be known about the drives contents was identified by RMF, including original filenames and the locations of all the clusters on the disk. It would be nice if your software could repair the drive (restore the MFT??) - this would save the bother of restoring to another drive and copying back.

Great software, by the way, and really nicely implemented....

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

We plan to create a separate drive repair program that does this but it will be some time away yet.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

OK. Kewl.

I'll say it again - great program. I think the price of your software and the power it affords will, hopefully, make others think again when it comes to their pricing policies for data recovery. I'm sure there is more to it than can be covered by your software alone but I hope it makes you **** all the money you richly deserve for making an issue like this something that is affordable to resolve.

Well done!!!

+ Reply to Thread