+ Reply to Thread

How to recover deleted XP Home User Profile

This is a discussion on How to recover deleted XP Home User Profile within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I was mislead by Microsoft instructions an accidentaly deleted my user profile through the System Advance UserProfile Delete option. I´ve ...

ElNano is offline Junior Member

Unhappy How to recover deleted XP Home User Profile

I was mislead by Microsoft instructions an accidentaly deleted my user profile through the System Advance UserProfile Delete option. I´ve just bough RecoverMyfiles product.

How Do I go about to recover the complete my Userprofile files ? I need some document or a step by step guide in order to avoid errors. Please Help will be greatly appreciated.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Download and run the latest version of Recover My Files from www.recovermyfiles.com.

I suggest you run a "Complete File Search". Search the drive letter, i.e. C: drive, and search for the specific file types that you know were located in the deleted user profile.

During the search you can click on the files found and dispalyed in the resutls screen to preview their content in the preview window. Look both in File Type View for individual files and Folder View for the entire recovered folder structure.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

ElNano is offline Junior Member

Default Oh boy sure I am a happy camper ....

Quote Originally Posted by GDH
    Download and run the latest version of Recover My Files from www.recovermyfiles.com.

I suggest you run a "Complete File Search". Search the drive letter, i.e. C: drive, and search for the specific file types that you know were located in the deleted user profile.

During the search you can click on the files found and dispalyed in the resutls screen to preview their content in the preview window. Look both in File Type View for individual files and Folder View for the entire recovered folder structure.
    GDH,

Thanks for your tips I just run myrecover files following your instructions, and only added the step of looking and files by directory, it was easier to locate the files that used to be in my user profile directory. After a quicklook while the search was progressing I was able to pin point the files I needed. Once search completed I did the Files/Directory recovery and voilá I was able to login and my usual account and almost ALL my information was there (Quicken files, Business Balances, Family Pictures, iTUnes music, Outolook mails) after all that I only lost one outlook express mail folder and that was not important at all.

Thanks again for such a great product, it was worth the money I invested. Only one final question, next year I probably buy a new laptop and want to donate the one I have now, I was surprise how easy data can be recovered after you delete them with your product, how I go about deleteing "permanently" my data to donate my laptop, this time I plan to keep a full backup pf my data before.

regards from Madrid, Spain

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Thanks for the feedback. It is good to hear that you got your data back.

To completely erase a drive of all data before you recycle it, try www.wipemydrive.com.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

benchboy is offline Junior Member

hi GDH,

I have the same problem, i deleted the user profile, and then did a system restore. when i run the recovermyfiles software it says that word and excel file preview is not available. i did it on partition search.. is it different on file search?
    im hoping that all my files will get back to normal and not corrupted.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi

Because you have first deleted, and then restored, the Operating System records for the user profile may not have survived.

You should try the 'Recover a Drive' option, but you should also check the 'Lost Files' folder for your files (these ones will not have their original names).
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread